I’ve decided to put together a special page on my website for my friends and family for the launch of my very first Kickstarter. If you’re here it’s because I personally gave you a special link. You can’t get to this page without the link. So please don’t give it away. Plus, it will go down once the Kickstarter is over. But there’s some information in here I want to stay private.
But you can share the Kickstarter link. The more, the merrier. Here’s the full link you can copy and paste to share:
Share that link wherever you can — social media, text messages, other people you know — that kind of thing.
As many of you know, I have been on a quest for the past couple of years to build a small independent publishing company of my work. The place I’m starting is with my fiction. I go under a pseudonym — Easton Livingston. Generally, I don’t like people to know Easton is me. Five reasons for this:
1. I want my fiction and nonfiction to be able to stand on their own. I use my real name with my nonfiction which is direct in its proclamation of the truth of the gospel, Christ, God, Christianity, etc. My fiction is indirect in every one of those things. The mission for both is the same — glorify God. Proclaim His truth.
2. Since my nonfiction is Christ-centered, it tends to be controversial. With the climate we have in the world today of people against Christ, Christianity, and Christians in general, I don’t want them to turn off the message before they hear it if they know it’s me writing. I’m not hiding here. As Paul says:
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. (1 Corinthians 9:20-23)Holy Scripture
I have a holy agenda and there’s a method to my madness.
3. Starting from scratch with a new name is hard. Very hard. However, hard is good for me. God has done a work within me, changing me through this process. No lie. So thankful. Therefore, having a pseudonym has been a character-building exercise for me for the glory of God.
4. I like the anonymity. I’m not doing this to be popular and have my face all over the place. I’m doing this because I believe fiction stories are a powerful medium to change people’s lives if written from a right, biblical worldview for God’s glory.
5. I’ve always said if I ever start writing fiction that I’d write under a pseudonym because…well…I dig the name (there’s another story behind how that name even came about. Ask me about it some time).
As you can see, I’ve thought about it long and hard. I’m in this for the long game. So, with that in mind, if you’re reading this, please keep that tradition going.
Now, with all that out of the way…
I sent some of you information on my Kickstarter for my new novel Blackson’s Redemption. That Kickstarter is now live and you can make a pledge there if you like. Even if you don’t read but want to contribute, there’s a way to do that.
You’ll notice at the bottom of the Kickstarter are what are called stretch goals. These are financial milestones that if we reach, people will get a special goodie. Some of you are a part of those stretch goals. So, it’s a good idea to share the project wherever you can periodically so we can reach that goal.
There’s a whole month for you to give if you want. Just click one of the links on this page or the image below.
If you can’t afford it, don’t sweat it. God willing, I’ll have others in the future. I’m called to do this. He’ll provide. But even if you can’t contribute financially, if you can share the Kickstarter on your Facebook page and other social media, that would be fantastic.
Thank you for your indulgence. God bless.