How quickly things change.
I want to share something with you being that if you are reading this then you’ve taken somewhat of an interest in my work or in the very least my website and I thank you for that.
I have been contemplating some things as of late and I have reached a place in the life given me that I know that writing as a profession is something that has gone beyond just a desire. It has even gone beyond a calling (and a strong one at that). It has become an intense necessity. Yes. A necessity. Many things have contributed to that but I’m not going to bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that after some serious discussions with my wife, I have decided to, in a sense, start over.
So what does this mean to you and why should you care? Well, there are a couple of things that will be taking place that will affect my work directly:
- I will be updating all my work from online at distributors like Amazon and Barnes & Noble to give them a slight overhaul.
- Those that need it will be given updated covers.
- Another part will be to add some content to the books that weren’t there before so that the continuity will be more seamless from one book to the next.
- When all of this is said and done, all of my work will have a price tag at the distributorships (Amazon, B&N, Apple, etc). Nothing exorbitant. Anywhere from $.99 and up.
- There is an exception. Those who join the R.I.U. community and subscribe to my mailing list will be able to get the updated versions for free. So, you may want to grab them now if you haven’t already.
- Like most writers, I have a day job but I am determined to make writing and publishing my day job. Over the years, my writing has been sparing here at the site and I have said that I would write more. Well, I am. In the very least there will be at least one post a week. Maybe more, maybe less. But at least one post. The plan is to chronicle my journey and share it with you where it’s not just my journey, it’s ours.
I have some ideas for the website that I’ve had for a while. If you noticed, there is already a small change in the font I’m using for the web posts and excerpts. I will be working on making your experience here a little more interactive. I’m not sure how that is going to happen at the moment but if I need help, you will be the first I will call upon.
This means that the last post about the upcoming release of The Basement may be pushed back a wee bit. Just a wee bit.
I’m going to attempt to get this out in the next three weeks but it depends on how much we get done with the other books in the series. It shouldn’t take too long but you know old Murphy’s Law.
I also wanted to take the opportunity to invite you to join my Facebook page. Even though most of what is going up there will be here as well, for some of you it will be much easier to link up through Facebook.
Again, make sure you sign up for an RIU Citizenship today to keep tabs on when my works will be coming out along with special sales, contests, and just fun stuff for the RIU community.
So, in an officially non-official way, we’re just getting started.